- Video hosting platforms want to impose their rules on the content of your videos. When you subscribe to a video hosting platform (Youtube, Vimeo), you must accept the terms and conditions which contains a list of forbidden uses. It is censorship right from the start. Usually, the video hosting platform has a tighter policy than the local legal framework. For example, the acceptable use of Youtube is tighter than the federal laws of the United States of America. It would be a mistake to think that video hosting platforms only censor videos with controversial content.
- A video hosting platform can withdraw or delete your videos. Even if you follow the rules, nothing prevents a video hosting platform to withdraw or delete your videos without notice. Read this story about a YouTuber who has seen his Youtube account terminated.
- A video hosting platform can get bankrupt. Youtube does not make money and Bitchute has no profitability plan.
- You keep the copyright of your videos and you aren’t forced to give up distribution rights. Some video hosting platforms mention that they take the right to distribute your content without notice.
- You can better monitor access to your content.
- You are not dependent on a 3rd party to display your videos. At anytime, after uploading thousands of videos, the video hosting platform team can come to you and say: “now, we are going to change the rules, you take lots of bandwidth we will multiply your subscription fees by 10” or “we have decided to add a mandatory 45 seconds at the beginning of your videos”.
- You can sell video ad spaces to advertisers. You don’t need to fear the reaction of the video hosting platform if you show an advertisement every 5 minutes on every video.
- You can host your videos in the jurisdiction of your choice to take advantage of the local laws rather than the video hosting platform jurisdiction.
- The policies of web server hostings are less tight than video hosting platforms. Web server hosting policies permit to upload videos with a content that would be forbidden on a web hosting platform.
- Being its own video hosting provider is an advantage of the internet. It would be a shame not to take advantage of it. In the past, TV networks were complicated from an organization and technological point of view. Today, a video content creator just needs to really focus on web servers to make it work.
Company ideas for a video web hosting:
If you want to stream videos, you need a VPS or a dedicated web server. You need a high amount of monthly bandwidth and Storage. On top of that, you need a webhosting company that accept any types of content. That’s why I would suggest the web hosting company SharkTECH, they sell cheap VPS and dedicated servers plans with at list a maximum of 8 terabytes of data transfer every month for the smallest VPS plan! I also read their acceptable use policy and its more permissive than big names like inmotion, digitalocean…
Click here to see SharkTECH VPS offers
Click here to see SharkTECH Dedicated server offers
This web hosting company has dedicated servers in Canada and the USA. They offer dedicated web hosting plans with high monthly bandwidth limits (10 terabytes to 30 terabytes).