The SiteCozy broken link scanner is a desktop application for Microsoft Windows and MacOS to find URL errors such as broken URL links and broken image links on a website.
- Download SiteCozy broken link checker for MacOS
- Download the Sitecozy broken link checker for MS Windows from the Microsoft store (recommended)
- Download SiteCozy broken link checker for MS Windows less than 8.1 (Installation instructions)
Free version features:
- The free version crawls up to 100 links on a website
- It reports 4xx errors and 5xx errors on
webpagesfrom URLs in A HREF attributes (links), IMG SRC attributes (images) and iframe attributes.
- It reports timeout errors from unavailable links (internal or external links)
- It reports mixed content errors when the webpage URL is in HTTPS and an internal link/image is in HTTP.
- It reports links when they count more than 15 redirections (outgoing internal or external links). The crawler follows 301 redirections to check internal or external URLs.
- It reports redirection loops
- It reports SSL certificate errors when a URL protocol is HTTPs
- It reports the list of unique internal and external HREF URLs, IMG SRC URLs and Iframe URLs
The error report displays a clickable URL of the host page, the error URL and a description of the error. By clicking on the host page, a new browser window opens and you can find the error URL. The report only returns URL errors to quickly identify issues on a website. Note that some websites block our bot like LinkedIn. This may create false positive errors. Exclude the links that generate such errors.
Pro version features (buy here):
- All the features from the free version
- It crawls your website up to 100,000 links
- An additional form is available to check Url links from a determined list of URLs.
- 1-year basic support – get information about the error in your report
- (In preparation) Database of errors to help you analyze your website errors.
- A license is valid for 3 devices (for example one Mac, one PC, one Linux) and it can be deactivated from any installations.
To activate your license you need access to the internet using a network adapter with a Mac address. If you need our software on an intranet with no connection to the Internet, let us now. Note that the software can’t be activated on a virtual machine (Vmware, Parallel, VirtualBox…)