The SiteCozy broken link scanner is a desktop application for Microsoft Windows and MacOS to find URL errors such as broken URL links and broken image links on a website.
- Download SiteCozy broken link checker for MacOS
- Download the Sitecozy broken link checker for MS Windows from the Microsoft store
Free version features:
- The free version crawls up to 100 links on a website
- It reports 4xx errors and 5xx errors on
webpagesfrom URLs in A HREF attributes (links), IMG SRC attributes (images) and iframe attributes.
- It reports timeout errors from unavailable links (internal or external links)
- It reports mixed content errors when the webpage URL is in HTTPS and an internal link/image is in HTTP.
- It reports links when they count more than 15 redirections (outgoing internal or external links). The crawler follows 301 redirections to check internal or external URLs.
- It reports redirection loops
- It reports SSL certificate errors when a URL protocol is HTTPs
- It reports the list of unique internal and external HREF URLs, IMG SRC URLs and Iframe URLs
The error report displays a clickable URL of the host page, the error URL and a description of the error. By clicking on the host page, a new browser window opens and you can find the error URL. The report only returns URL errors to quickly identify issues on a website. Note that some websites block our bot like LinkedIn. This may create false positive errors. Exclude the links that generate such errors.
Pro version features (buy here):
- All the features from the free version
- It crawls your website up to 100,000 links
- An additional form is available to check Url links from a determined list of URLs.
- 1-year basic support – get information about the error in your report
- (In preparation) Database of errors to help you analyze your website errors.
- A license is valid for 3 devices (for example one Mac, one PC, one Linux) and it can be deactivated from any installations.
Click here to read the documentation
To activate your license you need access to the internet using a network adapter with a Mac address. If you need our software on an intranet with no connection to the Internet, let us now. Note that the software can’t be activated on a virtual machine (Vmware, Parallel, VirtualBox…)
The sitecozy broken link scanner has a web server friendly crawler