Google search console provides a list of 401, 403, 404, 410, 500 URL errors for webpages. However, there is a list of important errors that Google search console does not report:
- URL errors locations. Google search console does not tell you where there are broken links on your websites. SiteCozy site scanner provides the full URL of the page that returned an error and also the host page or the host pages where the URL that returned an error is located.
- URL errors reported instantly. The SiteCozy site scanner reports errors instantly as soon as it finds it during the scanning process while Google search console may display an URL error long after the error surfaced on the website.
- Mixed content errors. When the host page protocole is in https and when the url links on this webpages are in HTTP. Conversely, SiteCozy site scanner reports mixed content errors from internal webpage URLs, image URLs and IFRAME urls in HTTP while the host page is in HTTPS.
- Broken image URLs and missing images. I don’t think that google search console provides this type of errors. On the other hand, Sitecozy site scanner will report the URL of a missing image or malformatted image URL.
- The SiteCozy scanner returns every error from every page. For example, the SiteCozy site scanner may return several 403 or 410 non authorized URL errors if it finds several of them. However, Google search console will not show all the host pages where the unauthorized links are located. For example, in the header of a website, there is maybe a link to a member area which returns a 403 or 410 on every webpage. SiteCozy site scanner will show you how big the issue is as compared to Google search console by reporting the url error from every webpage. By the way, it also means that Googlebot faced the same issue on every webpage. Even if the issues are not listed in google search console, it does not mean it is NOT a google SEO issue too.